NOW HIRING: Customer Service and Event Marketing
Wesbrook Village is looking for Welcome Centre Ambassadors to join our team!
About the Job
Wesbrook Village is a community with a diverse collection of shops and residences on Vancouver's West Side. It is located on a spectacular peninsula known for its ocean views, old-growth forest, outdoor recreation and the tier-one University of British Columbia. We are looking for an outgoing and professional individual to join the Wesbrook Welcome Centre team.
Note: this is a contract position that is On Call / Part-Time
The Welcome Centre Ambassador’s role is to greet, inform and address questions from customers who visit the Welcome Centre in Wesbrook Village. He/she is actively up to date and aware of all the latest information about Wesbrook Village and UBC including all events, new construction, changes to neighbourhood plans, transit, etc. He/she also supports the marketing team to drive awareness and traffic to Wesbrook Village through social media and community event execution. He/she is a friendly and dynamic individual who represents the Wesbrook Village community and brand.
As the Welcome Centre Ambassador, your responsibilities will include:
1. Customer service
- Welcome guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone.
- Promote and explain the vision of Wesbrook Village to UBC visitors and the general public.
2. Event and recreational programming/execution
- Execute tactical elements of the marketing & events plan.
- Be a brand ambassador at community events.
3. Communication and social media
- Assist in communicating events through Facebook, Twitter and other social media channels.
- Respond to comments/questions or direct to the appropriate internal stakeholder.
The skills and behaviours required for this position include:
- Self-motivated with a proactive attitude
- Exceptional customer service attitude – approachable and accommodating
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite especially Word & Excel
- Data entry
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Professional, friendly and energetic
- Knowledge or a secondary language (esp. Mandarin) is an asset
- Valid driver’s license with your own vehicle is an asset
- On call, part time, contract
- Able to work some weekdays
- Weekend and some evening hours required
- Flexible hours required
The Application Process
We invite you to become a valued member of our team. Please apply by email with your resume and cover letter to Christine Chan at firstname.lastname@example.org.