To celebrate Earth Day, Wesbrook Village is hosting a book donation, swap, and sale! Give your gently used books a second life and meet other book enthusiasts.
Date: Saturday, April 22, 2017
Time: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Cost: Free admission
Location: MBA House (3385 Wesbrook Mall)
How it works:
1. Bring in your donated books to swap on either: (1) the day of the event (Apr 22); or (2) at the Wesbrook Welcome Centre (starting April 1st).
2. On event day, visit the registration table where you will be given a label with the number of books you are donating/swapping
3. Swap away!
4. Participants who do not have books to donate/swap can purchase books for $2 each (cash only). All proceeds will be donated to the Pacific Spirit Park Society.
5. Swap or pay for your books at the checkout table.
6. Enjoy your book(s)!
Donated books must meet the below requirements:
- Books are gently used and in good condition.
- We appreciate your donation, but we will not be accepting colouring books, activity books, sticker books, school and university textbooks, manuals, magazines, and books with controversial or offensive content.
- The Wesbrook Welcome Centre Ambassador has the right to decline any publication if deemed unsuitable.
- We can only accept a maximum of 30 books per household
1. What kind of books can I swap?
We will accept:
- Children's books
- Books in other languages
- School textbooks
- Those with highly controversial and/or offensive subject matter
2. How many books can I swap?
We can only accept a maximum of 30 books per household. You may exchange one book for another book. For example, if you donate 3 books, you'll be able to take home 3 (or less) books. At the registration table you will receive a sticker with the number of books you donated for the swap. At the checkout, the number of books you take home should match the number on the sticker given to you. (Note: if you want more books than you have donated, you can purchase additional books for $2 each.)
3. What if I don’t have any books to swap?
That’s fine, you can purchase books for $2 each! Please note that we accept cash only. All proceeds will be donated to the Pacific Spirit Park Society.
4. Can I bring in books to donate on the day of?
Yes! Book donations can be dropped off for exchange on April 22. Please bring your book(s) to a staff member at the registration table by the entrance.
5. What happens to the leftover books?
Books which fail to find a new home will be donated to charity.
6. Where does the money collected from the book sale go?
100% of the proceeds will be donated to the Pacific Spirit Park Society.
7. Can I just donate and not swap?
To avoid too many leftover books at the end of the event, we will encourage you to participate in the swap if you donated books. However, swapping is not mandatory.
- Saturday April 22, 2017